Bookish

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Jungle Justice

 
The slain four Uniport Undergraduates in Aluu village, River state
"if any one slew a person....it would be as if he slew the whole humanity: and if any one saved a person, it would be as if he saved the whole humanity". -unknown

Since this story of the inhuman treatment that led to the death of these young men broke out, my heart bleeds for my dear nation. What is our generation turning into? With all our acclaimed civility we still behave like animals in banana republic.

I ask myself what can these boys do that led to the unfortunate incident that happened to them, can’t they be hand over to police for thorough investigation? or can't we allow the court of law do its statutory duty of legally prosecuting them without taking them through this gory experience. Oh my God, animal shouldn't be treated this way.

These promising young men (Tekena, Ugonna, Chidiaka and Lloyd) could have been my or your brothers, nephews or cousins, they were cut down in their prime age by these set of lawlessness fellows.

The only thing that the government and people of Rivers state can do for the families is to see that justice is done and the perpetrators of this barbaric act are all brought to book.

As I write this, I pray that you all find eternal peace with your Creator, may the Lord Almighty grant your families and love ones the fortitude to bear this great loss.

I also call on every soul that knows the faces of the perpetrators of this evil in the video to speak up and expose them so that we don’t obstruct justice, so that the families of the stars will get justice.

Adieu Aluu4.

No comments: