Bookish

Wednesday 17 October 2012

A lesson from American Polities

Republican candidate Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama at presidential debate
 
Polities and electioneering in America is a big business and it is taken serious by everybody involved, events of the past weeks has shown that an average American is interested in what their leaders have to offer.

Contestants are well groomed, they deal with issues and they sell their parties ideology to the voters using all avenues and channels accepted by the system.

But what we have at home is far less than what is done in the america’s presidential debates, I can remember vividly during the 2011 elections in Nigeria, President Goodluck Jonathan boycotted one of the presidential debates to have a presidential chat with D'banj. (Till now I can't figure out the correlation).

Our ruling class must learn from this and we the voters must also hold the politicians responsible so that they don't take us for granted. They must come and explain what values they will add to governance in other to improve the lots of an average Nigerian in the south, north, west or east.

 Governance is not only about lucky, it requires adequate strategic planning.

God bless America and also bless my nation "Nigeria".

I hope my candidate win this election, please don't ask me who he is because I guess you should know where I’m pitching my tent.

 

No comments: