Bookish

Monday 8 April 2013

My Best Quotes from Iron Lady


 
Margaret Hilda Thacher (Baroness Thatcher) was widely known with her sobriquet "THE IRON LADY" which was given to her by a soviet journalist. She was the United Kingdom's Prime Minister and was the first and the only woman to have held the post.
 
She became popular with her uncompromising politics and leadership style, the style which was known as Thatcherism.
 
I'm looking at a woman who has changed the world politics and also defined the role of women as  a wife and administrator.
 
Below, I share some of her many quotes that I love.
 
"What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing;
knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work
 and a certain sense of purpose."
 
"Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important,
although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem,
 and personal satisfaction."
 
"If you want something said, ask a man;
if you want something done,
ask a woman."
"I just owe everything o m y father and it's passionately interesting for the things that
I learnt in a small town, in a very modest home,
are the things that I have won the election."
 
"If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared
to compromise  on anything at any time,
and you would achieve nothing."

"I usually make up my mind
about a man in ten seconds, and
I very rarely change it."
"There can be no liberty unless there is economic liberty."
 
Baroness Thatcher passed on at the age of 87 on April 8, 2013 in London after suffering a stroke. Lord Bell, Thatcher's spokesman, confirmed her death.

 

Rest in peace Margaret Thatcher.

1 comment:

Oluwatosin said...

She is the kind of leader we need in Nigeria.