Bookish

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Giving - Quote of the day

"There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things that we could use." - Mother Teresa


I've always love to put smiles on the faces of  vulnerable people out there especially when they can't see me to tell me thank you for any of my little efforts. I like it better when God rewards me. (my little secret of happiness).
 
Giving in Africa was communal in the eras of our grandmothers and mothers but with civilization on our lapses now, every man is for himself and propably his immediate families.
 
We prefer to show our aggrandize by wastage, in any society where the poor and needy are not catered for, crime is usually the order of the day. I guess we all can testify to this in Nigeria.

Charity breeds goodwill
 
Charity and any act of giving (not bad gifts that can't be useful to the receivers) breed love and brotherhood. Gift most time is the real lubricant of friendship.

Rules of Giving

(Photo credit:sugarbeecrafts.com)
 
Remember that every action in life has rules governing it, so giving also has its own rule. According to sugarbeecrafts, above are five rules of giving. I truly love them.
 
Always remember that, giving will always be an old act but CAN NEVER BE OUT OF FASHION.
 
Till my next post, strech out your hands with a gift  of  love and hugs.
 



No comments: