Bookish

Friday 7 September 2012

Hero of the week

Michelle Obama

Mrs. Michelle Obama does not see herself only as the American first lady but she always describe herself first and foremost as Maila and Sasha’s mom.
But before she was a mother -- or a wife, lawyer or public servant -- she was Fraser and Marian Robinson's daughter.
The Robinsons lived in a brick bungalow on the South Side of Chicago. 
Fraser was a pump operator for the Chicago Water Department and Marian stayed at home mother who raised Michelle and her older brother Craig together with her husband.


Michelle Obama, beauty with brain
From the beginning of her speech to the very last word said was delivered with class and it shows a woman who knows her onions, she is in tune with development of the world and her country.
I loved the way she described her husband and how she choose him, Michelle said “But when Barack started telling me about his family – that's when I knew I had found a kindred spirit, someone whose values and upbringing were so much like mine.
You see, Barack and I were raised by families who didn’t have much in the way of money or material possessions but who had given us something far more valuable - their unconditional love, their unflinching sacrifice, and the chance to go places they had never imagined for themselves."

This is the type of first lady we hardly find in this part of the world, I do not have direct relations with Mrs. Obama but I do have direct contact with her speech at democratic national convention in Charlotte N.C., this speech and many of her speeches have truly inspire me to be a better woman of class and integrity who do not see materialism as essence of human existence.
With her aura, charisma, her family beliefs and smile she has won me over, if only I’m eligible to vote in forthcoming American election I will definitely cast my vote for OBAMA. She is my hero of the week.




No comments: